This is a place for venting thoughts that are in my mind. Some of these writings are old but others will be new. Grab your coffee or tea and Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tribute to Miss Mean Green

*Wrote this on my facebook a like a week ago and decided to post it on here.   I updated it too..

Miss Mean Green
That was your name
You were a tough Old girl
For a Ford anyway

I remember the day when we first got you home
My dad groaned a thought of leaving you back home
You were Eager to be driven but no can do, you came a bit early
Cause the next day we were flying to Florida all dad wanted to say was ah foowy

Throughout the years by God's grace you served the family well
Bringing over new furniture, clothes, electronics, gas grills, shrubs and top soil
You were very useful to use that is for sure
Going to Canada there back throughout the past few years
Especially taking me up to Bethany during my freshmen year
That was a big haul for you
But safe journeys is all we had with you
Never once did you break down on the road
You held your own well even in the snow
Thank you God for all the safety and guidance in you, so you know.

All the Saturday running around in you dad and I
Sometimes my mom joined us during as well
Manytimes dad drove you alone going to work and back
but either way you were great truck, one of the best dad has ever had
Can I say more?

All the heart to heart chats, laughs and tears dad, and I had in you
All the other times I vented out my thoughts about the day
From my internship to football
Or singing out loud driving you around
And all the times joking about how little cars were at our mercy
Especially those punch bugs and pint size little cars
So much memories in you, but they will never be gone completely

When I graduated from college dad gave me you
You were my first vehicle, I promised I would take care of you
I enjoyed those hot summer days
Music blaring loud while cleaning you from insides and out
Even during times of waking up really early
Helping dad give you your annual three coat of wax before the fall
You are still solid within the frame, body and floor boards
But need a new heart and I just could not afford it

Big is beautiful! 
And we got many complements about you
Overall you still look great for 1998

I promise myself I would not cry writing this about you
Cause you are just a machine a vehicle people can say
And driving is all your job is to do

But I am sentimental in everyway
Don't get me wrong I do value human life more than a truck
But you were part of the family for 14 years
I do not care what other people had to say
In earlier years when they bashed about fords, I would point to you
They would clam up and shut up after viewing you
And just recently causing us some headaches
But what can we do, not many 1998's are still in Buffalo that could be compared with you

But soon it is time to say goodbye
I wish you could have gone out in a better way with us
But I am not able to take care of you anymore
A new (2010) F-150 is coming will be my next one
But you will always be known as my first vehicle
I wish you best of luck to where ever you will go

So thank you dad for taking care of Mean Green
For me when I was gone
Teaching me some of the things to do
She would not have lasted this long if it was not for you

No comments:

Post a Comment