This is a place for venting thoughts that are in my mind. Some of these writings are old but others will be new. Grab your coffee or tea and Enjoy!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Not giving up

 A friend wrote to me that they just want to give up on love and everybody is a fake.  This was my response back.  It is a bit scattered writings a bit, I have to admit.  lol.  But hey at least I did not do the normal Christian thing writing, well I will pray for you and keep your head up.



Not true...and I am sorry you feel that way, I might not totally understand what you are writing about because I do not know the situation.  Hence I will try and not say I understand what you are going through because I do not.  

I believe in love and it does hold together and does not whither away.  Though I will admit I kind of wonder where is that girl out there for me, but I know there is more to love than just guy and girl. People might say what about saying love for money, ah but when you think of it is it really pure? When I think of love I will have to compare it to 1 Corinthians 13.  Write more about that a bit later.

What happens is that we do live in a fallen world, and the after affects of it is there. We do want to seek somebody genuine out there. But always know that, there will be some flaws in others, just as much there are flaws in us.  I will admit I am not Mr. Perfect.  I am far from it. 

Not everybody is a fake, sometimes people though do not say the full truth because they do not know how other people will react. They do not want to feel vulnerable again. To feel rejection, because when we feel rejection it does hurt. I cry many of times. We as humans, we want to know and have some type of control. But in love there is no selfish control.

Love is an inward motivation and outward reflection especially in 1 Corinthians 13. I am not some love doctor, I might not totally understand love. But that is okay because I want my actions over all to reflect Christ's teaching. It is hard, I will not deny it, I can not do it on my own but need the Holy Spirit to do the mending, the molding and the guiding. But do not expect a non-Christian to totally understand love, though it has been a debatable topic especially at my college. But when there Holy Spirit is there molding a believer they are something different. Even we as Christians I know do not have it all right at times. Sometimes our motivates were not be hurtful but our actions were. Thus I do believe that is when we need to feel more close with the Spirit so He can point that out to us.

I refuse to give up on love. Especially when I was told am I not attractive, or smart enough. You can have all the great physical features, but to have a heart of gold and is selfless that is something rare.

To me Love to me is sticking by a person when everything is going down the drain. Love is delighting in hearing great news and celebrating with them. Love is to show compassion to others who are in need. Love is when someone says mean things, that you do not but respond with words of hope and compassion. I might not have it completely right though, I am again not a perfect guy.

I refuse to give up on love. I know what it feels like to be lonely and just nobody cares but I have felt God's presence to make me feel I am not alone.  I am an only child and do not have much of a family right now, whatever is left of them I do love them.  But I have felt his love encourage my heart to move on even when I feel it is so vulnerable and hurt. I think of Christ's sacrifice and how that was out of love for humanity. He could of had angels to save him, but did not.

Also, I have seen how God provided people in my life to encourage me.  

About giving you heart, yeah it does stink to open yourself to be vulnerable like that. This goes back I remember what Rob Bell wrote in his book Sex God--chapter she ran into the bathroom. He wrote that when we feel heart broken, God understands that feeling. He reaches out to humanity with a cure to save them, but many of them want to continue drinking the poison that hurts them. Here is God saying, I love you and want have a relationship with again, lets fix this brokeness, some again go to God, others will run off crying.

Love gives people a choice, if we do not give people a choice then it is not true love. It is a choice that person makes not me, love gives people that power control, you do not hold it yourself.

I hope some of this makes sense, maybe it does, maybe it does not. I am not perfect or sometype of a love doctor.  I refuse to give in to what society thinks about love (all about physical attraction).  I refuse to become a male that looks a female just as an object to fill his craving.  I want to be different, I want to be the change. I might not get it right at times with words I say to help others or might not have experience like those have with relationships.  But I want to be the difference that gives God the glory.   I will try

No comments:

Post a Comment