This is a place for venting thoughts that are in my mind. Some of these writings are old but others will be new. Grab your coffee or tea and Enjoy!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Growing in all phases

This is not directed at anybody, I have been thinking about this for quite sometime.  Just got a bit lazy on writing it out. 

  Mostly of everybody wants to stay in shape.  People go running, hit the weight room, attend different kind of dance classes, participate in exercise videos.  Yes I will admit I did once participated in Richard Simmons sweating to the Oldies tape  Laugh all you want, at least I am open and admitting to it.  :) 

  It is great because after a work out makes you feel great about yourself.  But it interesting I am not trying to play God saying this but normally people would press hard and next morning feel a bit sore and be happy about it.  I usually dread it, and try to take the approach of slowly getting the body back into the grove with some pain but not much.  Then once in the groove start pushing yourself.  I know, no pain no gain but same time do not want to burn yourself out.  

  Can it be said with our Spiritual lives?  I mean people do go work out for a while then what about time for exercising with God?  What does your spiritual exercise looks like with God?  Are you giving God completely 100 perfect much like working out physically or are you holding back thinking it is alright?  Again, not trying to sound judgmental, and I do ask this question to myself many times.  Sure, it is important to pray throughout the day and yes God is with us where ever we go but at the same time it is vitally-important to have that one on one time.  It is through the one on one time we can actually grow in our faith, the toning and growing begins.  This question comes to mind, are Christians pushing themselves wanting to grow closer to God, just like they would be working out?    

  I believe especially when we grow Spiritually, allowing God to use the Holy Spirit to mold us into a reflection of Christ we also improve mentally.  We start to slowly see the world like God would.  We start seeing where there is hurt, or when grace is needed.  Our thoughts become thoughts that Christ would think and our thoughts would generate to our actions.  

  Again, I am not against Christians wanting to exercise, I need to loose a little blubber.  Yet cut me some slack, I do deal with early teens to -40 degree temperature.  However, there needs to be a balance in the Christian's life of keeping physical, mental and Spiritual gauges filled.  Point is that as Christians, we should always want to strive to want to grow deeper, not just think it but do it. 

  This is not an easy task, at times I will admit I have trouble with it, but first you don't succeed try it again.  I do want to be known as a person that walked with God closely just like Enoch, the Apostles and Prophets.    

 

1 comment:

  1. Have to say...this is pretty good. Convicting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete